
Here they are snuggled together while we were waiting for Daddy to come get in the car.
D was not a fan of the flash!

J sitting in the back seat stretching tall so that his head was above S's seat.
She was very excited to get the tree, "but was just SO tired!"
He actually fell asleep after the dejected return treeless!!
Eventually, a few days after these pictures, we drove to the tree farm on the Saturday before Christmas and bundled everyone up and tromped through the tree farm amid the rain and the mud. This kids didn't mind much; I think they have acclimated fairly well to our WA mist. The only thing that I don't like about the rain/drizzle/constant mist is that it limits my ability to cart around my camera, so I was unable to snap any pics that day. We ended up with a HUGE tree. Mike, J, and A all selected a different tree and then played Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide whose tree was the winner. J's tree one, and it was the hugest one. It was a beautiful tree, it just took up a large space in our living room, and we could barely fit our star on the top.
We have a practical jokester in our midsts...
We untied the tree from the top of our van and Mike and I were shaking the tree out to shake of some of the rain, and some of the loose pine needles. Moments after we shook it out and went inside, J, who was outside moving some sticks, came running in screaming, "There was a mouse in our tree!! There was a mouse in our tree!! It fell out while you guys were shaking it. I saw it run over into the bushes." I sort of started freaking out, worrying that I might have just brought a tree full of mice into my home, which after our mice infestation in our TX apt complex (only 5-7 mice in our actual apt, but MANY more in the apt next to ours--it was SO SO gross!!) was SO NOT OK!!!! Mike had J show him where the mice ran, Mike even went to look for it, and then J cracked. He could not keep a straight face any longer. J thought he was hilarious. I was not entertained, still worried that maybe I still brought a tree full of mice into my home, even though J didn't actual see one (because I am sort of irrational like that). In the end I loved that he got Mike and I. It was fun to see him pulling his Daddy's leg like his Dad pulls his SO many times before.
There is still plenty I could share about our Christmas, but I am hitting the hay for now. :) TTFN!!



2 comments:
Finally - it's only been a 1.5 months! =) That's pretty hilarious about J! Way to go!!! I also like that they played rock paper scissors to pick the tree!
Sounds like a fun EVENT!
Post a Comment