Wednesday, January 6, 2010

new year, new post, new goals...

Yes, I am going to try again. A photo a day for a whole year! Last year I made it (with missing only a few days) all the way until soccer season and football started-- all the way to the middle of Sept. I didn't post them all, but they are taken and on my computer. I am very happy with what I accomplished. It is so fun to see the HUGE collection of photos from our every day life and not just he BIG events. Plus, I love what I have learned about my camera, photography, exposure, and light. I am excited to re start and record our moments and also to learn more. Again, the photos are posted in reverse chronological order. (Because that is how I always end up posting them, and I am too lazy to move them . LOL!)

day 5 {05 jan 2010}
This is Misty's Dallin. I HEART him.
I made an "emergency family trip" to my sister's house for some much needed chubby cheek smooches.
Seriously, have you ever seen cheeks like my nephew's?? I love them.

day four {04 jan 2010}
"Hello, Daddy, you at work? doing? Miss you! Love you! Bye, Bye!"
That was D's conversation with his Daddy via a banana phone.
I opened his banana and gave it to him, he took a bite out of both ends and then examined it. The next thing I know, he grins and puts the banana up to his ear and began talking.
Luckily, my camera was on the counter right next to us, so I could snap a few quick shots before he realized he was being watched and got shy.

day three {03 jan 2010}:
This picture cracks me up. J is giving me his typical grumpy look. Why, you might ask? Well, this boy is not a big fan of reading, and we came up with a plan to get him reading more. For every 10 minutes of reading he earns 5 minutes of video game time. And our kids NEVER really get to play video games, unless it is a family event. He LOVES to play the Wii Legos Star Wars, as well as the NCAA football on the Xbox. So here, he was very grumpily reading for a good 40 minutes today to earn some video game time. He REALLY wanted to play with Dad and his uncle. :)

day two {02 jan 2010}
The sun peaked through the clouds at sunset, and for just a few minutes it was phenomenal. This is a fairly typical view on a winter evening out of my kitchen window,
as long as the sun can be seen through the thick clouds.

day one {01 jan 2010}
Our left over Sparkling Cider bottle, sitting on our kitchen window sill, on a typical cloudy, overcast, rainy day on the harbor.

2 comments:

Misty said...

love all the pictures. your day 5 pictures is, obviously, the best! =)

Cortney Clegg said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! I need to see you soon so we can talk cameras & so you can TEACH ME!! PLEASE!! :)