I spent a little time in the kids schools (well, I do that every week, but this was the first time back from break). I highly recommend volunteering at the schools if you can. I love going in and helping the teachers and seeing how my kids interact and behave and learn. It really is an eye opener. As well as really helps to keep track of what the kiddos are learning and if they are caught up, confused and need a little more help, or if they are getting it. It is a good thing for sure.
Here are some pictures:
-09-fb.jpg)
day 9 {09 jan 2010}
Here is my girl, A, getting very mature! This is her Christmas present.
Today we progressed to actually using thread.
Up until today, we have only been working on controlling the machine by following lines on paper.
So she was excited when I told her today she was ready to sew WITH THREAD on paper. :)
I think tomorrow we will actually make a little square pillow, and a star ornament.
-08-fb.jpg)
day 8 {08 jan 2010}
My sweet S snuggling with her thrice recovered, snuggliest of all snuggly blankets.
This is her most prized possession! No joke! :) Thanks, Aunt Dawn!
-07-fb.jpg)
day 7 {07 jan 2010}
Mike has to constantly remind me that this beautiful baby isn't mine.
That is it THE FAMILY computer. ;)
Yeah, right, we all know who he bought it for. :)
day 6 {06 jan 2010}Rough day for my red head today. She is an avid thumb sucker. We haven't stressed out much about it because our older two were also, but she has now sucked her thumb a year longer than her sister (which was a VERY long time) and it is really not getting less frequent. She even has told us how much she wants to stop. We have tried socks, charts, and bribery with candy, to no avail. We have been very concerned as her mouth is forming. Today we received in our handy dandy dental apparatus, the T-guard. It is this soft plastic thing that goes over the thumb and wraps around the wrist, it is fastened with a bracelet like the amusement park type. We had many tears shed throughout the day as she repeated tried to suck her thumb. I felt so sad for her when she told me tonight, "My mouth just NEEDS something to suck on," as she was going to bed, so I snuggled her until she was calm and nearly asleep. This photo was taken at a good moment. (I think it may have been the only one.)
This thing says that it has a 90% success rate after 3 weeks. We shall see...
Just a little FYI, She stopped sucking her thumb about a year ago, but for a good month or two, but then Mike and I went to Costa Rica and when we came back she was sucking her thumb again. sigh! any way we are hoping it will stick this time.
2 comments:
LOVE that picture of A!
First off, way to go S! You are one brave girl! I am trying to stop biting my nails and it is HARD. Wish they made something for me to put over my fingers. :) And way to go A- I am trying to learn to sew too! :)
Post a Comment