We started our week off sick, and with a ton of Sunday Church meetings (different ones that we both needed to attend), so it made it a little complicated for Mike and I. It was ward conference and Mike had a Young Men's meeting with the Stake Young Men's presidency the last hour, and I had to do Primary the last two hours and then meet with the stake after church, and Mike had another quick meeting after church too. We flip flopped who was with S. Mike stayed home with her the first two hours, then the last hour he brought her to church. I went out and stayed in the car with poor little S with a barfing pot. Luckily she hadn't thrown up since around midnight the night before. Then after church one of our sweet Young Women went out and sat in the car with or kiddos while we were in our meetings. It was a little crazy, but we survived. And luckily we had a quick recovery, thank goodness.
-10-fb.jpg)
-10-fb.jpg)
day 10 {10 jan 2010}
My little sick one snuggling with Daddy.
Nothing like a little snuggling to make a girl feel better.
-10-2-fb.jpg)
day 10 {10 jan 2010}
My daughter working and focused on her first sewn project with both thread and material...
see next photo.
-10-3-fb.jpg)
day 10 {10 jan 2010}
My girl has mad sewing skills. This is her first project sewn all by herself. (Well, I did the first lock stitch just to get her going.) She is so insanely proud of herself. It reminds me of a talk by Elder Uchtdorf, he says, "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before...Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—"
Here is the specific video clip by Elder Uchtdorf: CREATE
-11-fb.jpg)
day 11 {11 jan 2010}
This little horse...I love it. It was my little sister's, and since I was seven when she was born, I remember her riding on it. My Dad gave it to my S after one of our visits, and she loved it, and now my littlest, D, loves it! It is his "Bullseye". It has brought great joy to many a little child. (As a side note: It also has to disappear when other children of the same age come to play, D is not the best sharer with his horse and has been know to shove, push and yank others off, as he quickly then climbs on--so not OK. haha!)
-12-fb.jpg)
day 12 {12 jan 2010}
D playing in the tub with his Shamu whale.
He could stay in there all day if I let him. :) I love his bath time because I clean up my bathroom or get myself ready for the day while he is in my tub. I think it is a perfect arrangement. He is starting to get concerned now though, when his fingers and toes get all wrinkly.
-13-fb.jpg)
day 13 {13 jan 2010}
Dance--It completely fills my day on Wednesdays and Thursdays! :D Anyone who has watched my children over a period of time know that dance is a big part of my girls' lives. This year we actually have two dance classes on two different days of the week totally four dance classes. it is a little much for me, so we will be simplifying them for the girls next year. S is having a hard time choosing which class to take, but A is already set on just taking ballet. :)
-14-fb.jpg)
day 14 {14 jan 2010}
Mike's (my husband's) nursing home is undergoing remodeling right now. So this past December he asked me to come and paint some Christmas murals on the walls. So I spent three days painting. I LOVED doing it. The contractors are going to be painting over them soon. So I ran in a snagged some photos. The pictures aren't the best, but the murals were so fun!! I will be posting more photos in just a bit of all the murals in it's own post.
Misty and her two little boys came for a few days while Phil was away for work. I loved having them. Ty and D got along, for the most part, fantastically. They only fought over the Lightning McQueen and Sally cars. We made Sally disappear and Misty picked up a second blue Lightning McQueen one day while she was out, and then the rest of the trip all was well. They thoroughly enjoyed running up and down our long hallway, playing cars side by side on the car tracks, playing with pet shops, and shooting things with the dart guns. They also "enjoyed" tackling each other (whoever was on the tackling end at least enjoyed it). We have a two step drop down living room and there was one time D dove off the top step, jumped through the air superman style, landed by Ty, grabbed his feet/legs, and knocked Ty to the ground. I was nervous both of them had gotten hurt, but D looks up, grins his huge grin, and says, "I got him" and Ty pops up laughing. So I guess all was well. No worries, Ty got D good a few times two, I specifically remember Ty rolling around on top of D after a good tackling of D. Ty kept D down and D was squirming trying to get out from underneath Ty. Ah, good times! :)
We all really loves smooching on Dallin's cheeks, cooing with him, getting his HUGE smiles, and seeing his three dimples. Mike finally thinks Dallin is good for something because he responds and smiles and laughs now. He is practically perfect in every way.
-15-fb.jpg)
day 15 {15 jan 2010}
My darling nephew...seriously...too cute for words. This is Misty's little boy. I adore this little sweet ball of chub. He is so delightful and pleasant to be around. He mostly sleeps like a champ, other than the hours of 10-midnight when Misty would really like to go to bed but Dallin is all wide eyed. :) He loves to be held and talked to. If he is the least bit upset, all he needs is someone to pick him up and talk to him, or coo at him or love on him. Well, unless he is hungry, then nothing will suffice accept mom. :)
-16-fb.jpg)
day 16 {16 jan 2010}
J wasn't feeling super great one evening, so I found this on his door when I went upstairs. Such a sweet, little, melodramatic boy. Needless to say, it was just a little tummy ache, he was totally fine the next morning, and the sign was removed by the afternoon. Funny boy.
-16-posted-fb.jpg)
day 16 {16 jan 2010}
hot cocoa with peppermint ice-cream. mmmmm!
-17-fb.jpg)
day 17 {17 jan 2010}
Kids playing with blocks and me playing with settings on my camera.
Thanks for checking them out.
2 comments:
very fun...and how did i miss out on hot chocolate with peppermint ice cream? I don't ever remember that being around! I must have been sleeping.
Glad everyone is all better in your house- even those who were on their deathbeds. :) I love getting all these glimpses into your life...
Post a Comment