It is hard for me, because when we have a good thing going, ie. work book, chores, playtime, etc. it is GOOD here. We are generally happy, we have fun, we play games, we read lots of books, etc. The last two weeks have been rough on me. I feel like I am having to push push push, and discipline discipline discipline, and be grumpy grumpy grumpy. I am hoping we soon get used to our schedule and the kids adjust and get back to their usual, slightly sarcastic, teasing, slightly sassy, and full of 'tude behavior. :)
J has decided to take a year off football. I don't mind...it is really too huge of a commitment for these little guys. Last year they practiced 4 times a week for 2 hours a day and had games every Saturday. So I welcome a little less. I think Mike misses it, but reality is, that he wouldn't have the time this year to devote to it. The state survey for his building has in the past come in the summer time. They still haven't come, so they expect them any day now. Getting ready for that is HARD work and a LOT of time. Surprisingly, I miss a little bit of it too. Mainly the fun picture opportunity it has provided in the past. Like J with his helmet and uniform on looking rough and tough...
and D wanting to be like his big brother so badly that he stumbles along like a bobble head trying to wear it. :)
J has decided to take golf lessons. So once a week I take him out to the course in Ocean shores, we like the instructor there, and then once a week Mike takes him golfing or to the driving range or something. It works well for him. He is really enjoying it.
The girls are also taking a year off dance. It also was just too much of an all year long commitment.
I am very happy to have a break.
A started soccer, and I am again her coach. We have a good time. this week I have to teach the girls a little more about defense. They got their booties kicked at this last game because they gave up on defense. UGH!!
S ia also doing gymnastics once a week. She had her first class lat week and had a great time.
All the kids are swimming. So yes, we are busy!!
Here are some photos for the first half of Sept. I will post more about the first day of school later...
S chilling out, reading Cpt. Underpants
The clouds one night
Our neighbor girl, who hangs out with us a lot in the summer.
Mike, worn out and sleeping on the dining room table.
Our dear friends child, Super Frank!!
Getting ready for school!
J, on the first day of school.
S after I picked her up on her first FULL day of school. She was a little tired and grumpy. hahaa!
Mike and D reading a book before bed.
breakfast time!
A's first soccer game!
yes, this is what I saw when i finally sat down to eat with my family one night. I looked across the table and BAM! I saw this fabulous sight! :)
Made some cinnamon rolls. mmmmm!
D bathing with his goggles and killer whale.
S at her first gymnastics class.
A, just posing for me. :)
My first of many fall bouquets!! I love the fall flowers and colors.!!
Movie night at our house.
I was blow drying A's hair on Sunday morning and looked across the hall and saw J helping S out with the buttons on her dress. Loved the moment. Moments like this, tender, gentle, helping, loving moments really make it all worth while!

-01-S-chilling-3.jpg)
-02-sunsets-clouds-3-w.jpg)
-03-Jordan-pizza-2-w.jpg)
-04-(05)-mike-1-w.jpg)
-05-super+frank-5-w.jpg)
-06-backpacks-clothes-1-w.jpg)
-07-1stday-school-J-4.jpg)
-08-S-pick+up-18-w.jpg)
-09-1-w.jpg)
-10-S-eating-breakfast-08-w.jpg)
-11-A-first-soccergame-2-w.jpg)
-12-J-noodles-1-w.jpg)
-14-cinnamonrolls-1-w.jpg)
-14-Ds-bath-23-w.jpg)
-15-S-gymnastics-07-w.jpg)
-16-A-4+copy-w.jpg)
-17-flowers-1-w.jpg)
-17-movienight-kids-6-w.jpg)
-19-JandS-buttons-7-w.jpg)
1 comment:
too sick to say anything but: cute! :)
Post a Comment