Fun and busy week. Mike left and went to Lake Powell for fishing. So I was on my own. Mike and the boys had fun as well as some challenges at Powell, but they always love the fishing!
My week was normal...tball, baseball, dance, Scouts, more dance, some senior pictures, more baseball, more tball, and more baseball, oh, and Young Authors.
Our week in photos
the Harbor view from my kitchen, on a cold, windy, and very choppy day.
We finally had some sunshine stick around longer than an hour or so. :) So we enjoyed MOST of our free time outdoors this week. So much so, that J and A didn't get homework done all week. Oops (we caught up this weekend though)!
S, giving me her "game face"
If you have kids that watch Ben Ten Alien Force then you know what this is. I was just whipped my son up an omnitrix this day, cuz I am crafty like that. While he was excited for the first little while, he became disappointed when the aliens didn't proceed to come out of it when he called their names.
super cute new pair of shoes. They are little flats. I LOVE them
S just chillin on the grass
playing in the water
My Mother's Day breakfast in bed. Mike was out of town and the kids were so bummed that they had no help in doing Mother's Day. One child, A, actually was in tears over it many time, so I decided that we'd go to the store. The kids made a list and had free reign (within reason). They picked stuff out for breakfast for me as well as a potted plant. (I told them no to the $60.00 flower arrangement.) they took the alarm from the guest bedroom and A set it. In the morning, they proceeded to make breakfast with strict instructions that they could only use the toaster oven and microwave. It originally came to me without a plate, but I asked for one so I could put the syrup on my waffle. and yes, that is an ice-cream cone. :)
While the entire thing was cold (it took A 30 minutes or so to figure out the hot cocoa in the microwave, and it bubbled all over, so she had to clean it up and start over, and then I think she was worried, so she didn't heat it up enough) I have to admit is was definitely a step in the right direction after last year. See this post for a recap of last year's breakfast
I really only wanted one thing (other than a new camera lens :) ) for Mother's Day and that was a photo with my kids. Since Mike was gone, we had to come up with another option. Everyone looked good after church, so J and A were the photographers. I set up the exposure and coached them through the picture taking. and these are the results. :) Not bad, if I do say so myself.
This is an extra one of S, just because I love it. :)
She had bumped her elbow and needed some comfort, and J kept shooting.
Nice moment captured!
And then S wanted a turn taking some pictures. She has never taken any with my camera before. I coached her and this was the first one. Not bad, not bad at all. :)
Her first picture ever on the SLR. :)
this is me giving her directions, "push the button just a little, oops, not that much, see the red dot, put the dot on mommy's eye, then be sure it beeps when the red dot is there, then push it down the rest of the way."
-03-harbor-1-fb.jpg)
-04-sam-D-baseball-28-fb.jpg)
-05-omnitrix-1-fb.jpg)
-06-shoe-4-ed-fb.jpg)
-07-sammy-sun-07-fb.jpg)
-08-waterfun-07-fb.jpg)
-09-mothersday-03-breakfast-fb.jpg)
-09-mothersday-10-j-fb.jpg)
-09-mothersday-15-a-fb.jpg)
-09-mothersday-26-s-fb.jpg)
-09-mothersday-50-s-zoom-fb.jpg)
-09-mothersday-39-d-fb.jpg)

2 comments:
haha! I just finished fixing my post about NOT being pregnant and saw that you just posted some pics! And it looks like we wanted the same thing for Mother's Day (pics with kiddos), but you were far more successful. :) Love S's game face!!
Too cute! After hearing how much time you spend on b/t-ball--I have to tell you-my mom PAID my brother to quit baseball because it took up too much time & the whole summer!! I thought that was really funny. He was better at soccer anyway. ;)
Post a Comment