We learned something, or relearned something. Just because the sun is shining doesn't mean that it is warm. It was quite cold. However, our walk was fun. D completely enjoyed the wind in his hair and all the new things outside. I just LOVE SPRING!! I am so looking forward to spending time outside with him and letting him explore the world. He is such a rascal. I anticipate LOTS of bumps and bruises as we sped time outside, and I let him roam a bit.
J kept himself busy climbing side hills and trying to exert his independence a bit. dd-A nearly was in tears when I let J climb a hill by himself and meet us on the other side because she thought he wouldn't survive the experience. Pleading with me she said, "Mom, he's only 8 yrs old. If I had a son that was only 8, I wouldn't let him climb that hill by himself, it's too dangerous." Funny little girl. hahaha! After the hill, J and A decided to run/walk on the side walk ahead of me to the end of each block and then wait for the rest of us to arrive before crossing the street. It provided a great little photo. :) I love it! When they love each other they REALLY love each other.

Then I made them pose by this old van. I have a few other shots, but I this one is my favorite. I have a few cute ones of them separately.
Same shot, just desaturated and antique-ie. :)
Same shot, just desaturated and antique-ie. :)
My sweet little S was in her own little world: picking flowers and rocks, and refusing to get in almost any picture I took. LOL!! I was able to snap a few random shots of her being super cute and exploring the neighbors' yard. Here she is peeking in one of their little houses they have mounted up on a post.

So since she refused to play nice with Mommy and her camera, I absolutely forced her to stand up by the stadium as we passed it. She wouldn't look up at me or smile, but I still thought this was priceless. :)
Our walk down took a long time. A very long time. Thanks to me and my camera, but we stopped at Mike's work and the kids all had potty breaks. I was scolded for taking them out in the cold (even though the sun was shining). ;) Then we went out and played at the park. It was a short play time because the longer they played to colder I got. D had a blast, free from his stroller he was anxious to climb and get anywhere high. And I DO mean HIGH. Here he is climbing the stairs to the HIGHEST slide at the playground. The stinker. I ran up and grabbed him before he did any damage up there.
And then here he is just being cute and enjoying the sunshine.
The walk home was as quick as could be. S was tired and sat in the basket under the stroller, so over half the way I pushed D and S. That was a workout. hee hee!! And and of you who have ever visited us, you know that is no EASY walk up the HILL to our house from Mike's work. WOW. Let's just say that I wasn't cold at all by the time I got home. hahaa!
SO...I am so ready for spring and for the SUN! Not hot sun, but the cool sun that we enjoy so much here. I wouldn't even mind the sun mixed with rain.


5 comments:
quite the adventure! I LOVED the "vintage" pics of J & A. You got some mad skills woman. D is getting so boy-ish looking! Anyway, hope your thighs aren't aching too badly today. :)
how fun! your kids are too cute!
I thought you would have learned from your experience here that sun does not always equal warm. Very fun.
The ones of S are my favorite of the set. Isn't antiquey the best? So fun to play with.
HA-HA we did the exact same thing last week. Justin and I took the kids for a walk to the park and we got so warm getting packed up nobody was dressed warm enough. We spent 10 minutes at the park and had to leave because the girls were shaking!! I felt soooo bad. I normally dress them like eskimos.
Post a Comment