Here is what happened:
*Mike left to go out of town for 6 day. (Never too much fun for me--I kinda like having my hubby around)
*Drove for 2 hours to visit Grandma and Grandpa D and Misty, Phil and Ty.
*Shopped at Target. (oh how I wish I had more store options locally! I love Target!)
*Spent too much money at Target. ;)
*Grandpa D watched the girls while Misty and I went to Costco to prepare for the Super Bowl.
*Phil and J had a little boy time and played Lego Star Wars.
*Went to Misty's soccer game and saw her block a goal, get knocked on her keester, and play soccer, and I took a few photos of her.
*Ate a BLTA (mmmmm) at Red Robin and had people gawking at my adorable and well behave kids. :) (Seriously, gawking, it frightened me a bit how much this one lady kept staring at them and commenting to me about them. She even reached out and "pet" D's head a few times.)
*Was shocked by the "formal attire" that mothers and fathers allow their teenage daughters to go out into public wearing these days. (Apparently there was a high school dance that night and one place of choice for dinner was Red Robin.) So many LITTLE dresses being worn. DD-A cracked me up commenting about how they weren't modest.
*J got a little sick; the beginnings of a nasty cold that some of us are still battling.
*Church with Dad and Pat. Always fun to go home and see old family friends.
*Ty and D actually get along well and play together "fairly" nicely.
*Sitting on the couch I hear Phil, who has just walked around the love seat, say, "Ty, get up!" Then I, realizing that I hadn't seen D for a minute or so ask, "Hey, where's D?" Phil responds, rather matter of factly, "Under Ty." hahaha!! Phil then descirbed his findings...D lying on his back holding on to a ball held over his head with Ty laying on top of him. We assume that Ty tackled D in attempts to get the ball. LOL!! And we didn't hear anything. they were quiet as can be. hahaha!
*Ran into a high school friend of mine at church. We chatted and I introduce my kids. dd-A FREAKED out later when she heard me talking on the phone to Mike and tell him that I ran into an old boyfrind of mine. ddA, "WHAT...EWWWWW...that guy we met was your old BOYFRIEND! AAAAAAAACK!!!!" I proceeded to explain that there were many years of Mom and Dad's life that we did not know each other and I had other boyfriends and Dad had other girlfriends. That grossed her out. LOL!! I guess it it good that she can only see us with each other. hahaa!!
*Missed Mike terribly while we watched a bit of the Super Bowl, at Pizza, and visited with
family. I just don't care much about it when Mike isn't around. Or even when he is around for that matter. LOL!
*Decided after a later visit with Grandma and Grandpa D that originally intended that we wouldn't leave until the morning and the kids would miss the first part of school.
*Kids begged to miss the WHOLE day of school and stay at Misty's house longer to play at the park.
*The next morning, I decided that I agreed with the kids and that an afternoon at the park with Misty and Ty sound WAY more fun than driving 2 hours back so they could got to the afternoon of school.
*Fun, lazy day at Misty's: reading books, playing at the park, playing with Ty, watching TV, and just relaxing.
*Drove home.
*Realized that I forgot to start the dishwasher before I left, so now I had OLD, STINKY dishes festering in the dishwasher for three days. YUCK!!
*School and sickness then ensued. Coughs, sore throats, runny noses, and near croupy voices. All is well though. No croup, still runny noses, and few coughs. It is never fun to be sick, or have sick kids. It it worse when everyone is a little sick all at the same time. And even worse when Mike is gone. No one was sick enough to stay home from school. Just the yucky cold.
*Cub scouts--eight 8-9 year old boys all enclosed together in one room. NUFF SAID!
*Catching up on the cleaning for the week. Yea, that didn;t completely happen.
*Mike came home.
Then we had a lazy weekend together. Ahhhhh!!! It is nice to have him home. And the kids missed him terribly.
6 comments:
in all fairness - I did call and tell you we were sick!
hahaha!!! I am not worried about that in the least! LOL!! you know that. plus--Joseph started getting sick the night we got there. That couldn't have been from you guys! :)
You survived! :) And with quite a few fun visits too! A's reaction to her parents' "life before marriage" had me cracking up! hahaaa! too funny...
Glad to hear you survived...
Love your blog Am. It makes me very happy. The pictures of the children are fabulous, and the one of Sammie in the green is better than fabulous. Love you.
I loved reading about your week! It sounded a little like a comic strip would read... I was really laughing about A's reaction to you having boyfriends pre-marriage... so funny! It's so nice after a week of being gone when husbands come back home! it makes me so graetful to be in a two-parent home!
Post a Comment