Sunday, December 7, 2008

Feeling busy and a little out of sorts...

Well, tis the season to be busy! We have just been doing normal things, but school seems to have extra activities, as do the youth in the church and so does Mike's facility, so, we have twice as many things to to do in the evenings (so it seems) and not twice as much time to do it.

Mike was out of town quite a bit in November which left me with many sleepless nights. (I do not sleep well without him home.) He had some good trips though. He went to Eastern WA for a business trip and then stayed the weekend to do some pheasant hunting. WHICH HE LOVED!! He brought back some tail feathers for the kids and they are their prized possessions. then he made a business trip to UT to do some recruiting from BYU for his company. We decided to send dd-A with him, and she got to spend some great time with Grandma. She hasn't stopped singing High School Musical since she got home. LOL!!

Then we had Thanksgiving. Which is always fun, good food, great company and a handful of lazy days!! Misty, my sister, and her hubby Phil and Ty, their super smiley baby, came for the whole weekend! WAHOOO!!! I love having them around. It is fun to watch Ty interact with my kids and especially fun to see him and lil D getting along more and more. You can visit her blog and read her stuff for thanksgiving, she updates better than me and with pictures. LOL!! I don't know if I am going to have time for pictures today. I am trying to speed type while D is asleep.

Mike and Phil played in two Turkey Bowls, and I am grateful that they came home injured, but still walking. They had a good time. One of the games was against the high school football team and some of the recents graduates. So they were playing the young and spry.

They came home and we had a few hours until my massive 24 lb turkey was going to be finished. We did turkey, home made stuffing, home made rolls (thanks to Misty and her mad roll making skills), mashed (or SMOOSHED as dd-S says) potatoes, corn, green bean casserole (which was definitely the favorite of the meal), and some sparkling cider. My kids were horrified that we were going to have alcohol to drink. hahaha!! Until they realized that it ws just fizzy juice, then they were alright with it. Dinner was very yummy!!

Chris and Vanessa and super cute Bobby came up that night and spent the next day with us. I told them that it was lame they were only spending a day with us, they agreed. LOL!! But they had a temple trip with the youth in their ward to get back for, so I guess that is a legit excuse. :) Bobby adores J. He laughs at him and follows him around. I love it.

December is looking to be nutsy for us. :) We have dance rehearsals, recitals, and pictures, school music concerts and sing alongs, youth Christmas parties and caroling, and then Mike's big work shin dig. So...

TTFN!!!!

5 comments:

Cortney Clegg said...

Yay for updates! I was wondering what you guys had been up to...Tell Mike he needs to take a business trip to AZ and bring all of you along. Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving- loved the pics on Misty's blog! Sounds like the chaos is just beginning...:)

Misty said...

yeah, is the green bean casserole in the trash yet since only one spoon full was eaten? =)

Amber said...

hey, I ate some and you ate some! that is two spoonfuls!!

heather said...

When can I come visit this month? LOL! Seriously though, how close are you to Seattle or Forks? ;)

Ali said...

Whew! You are a busy girl! My life is so boring. ;)

Aaron served his mission in Netherlands and parts of Belgium. I wish Aaron could teach our kids Dutch, though. It would be awesome to have a bilingual home. Oh well. I will settle with teaching them New Jersey. That counts as a foreign language right?