Tuesday, October 21, 2008

my new little crafty obsession...

So I have come across these adorable little felty food (play foods for children) and I decided that my girls need some for their tea parties. so I made some this weekend. I TOTALLY plan on making some more. But here are my first few donuts. :)


I plan on doing some sugar cookies, some cupcakes, and some chocolates. After that, if I am still into them (LOL) I will do some fruits and veggies. :) I know--I am a total DORK!!

EDITED to add some quick and easy instructions:
I didn't follow a pattern, but they were easy though

1. Cut two four in felt circle out a donut color and then cut a tiny hole (a little less than an inch) in the middle.

2. cut the frosting wobbly-like and a little smaller than the brown felt pieces.

3. I sewed the frosting on the top piece of the donut.

4. I sewed the donut top and bottom together.

5. Then I added the beads for sprinkles.

and then they are completely, adorably finished.

5 comments:

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

Soooo cute! I think those are so adorable. What a good mommy you are! :) did you use a pattern? or just design them yourself?

Tree said...

These are adorable! Keola and Maddy want to eat them! Now we are drooling over felt doughnuts! Yum...says Maddy. Keo says uber yum! They go on further, but I'll spare you!

Heather said...

I love these doughnuts. You could make me some. :)

heather said...

Okay I just bought a whole bunch of these on Etsy a couple of months ago....love them! So maybe I can just pay you to make them for me!

Dawn said...

they look good enough to eat