Her little Ty gets to be off his oxygen during the day, as long as they test his O2 stats every hour and they stay above 92%.
For those of you who know Misty and don't know her situation, her little one has been on O2 since he was about 2 months old. and he is now a little over 2 years old. Without all the details, he has a childhood lung disease that they anticipate he will grow out of completely, and the first step in that is getting off the daytime O2.
Last Friday Misty called me as Mike and I were waiting for the airplane to leave Las Vegas to tell me! I cried just a little bit as she told me the good news!! He still has to wear O2 at night, as his stats drop quite a bit at night time. She is about to have her second baby (a week and a half away) and so it comes at a great time. She will no longer have to lug O2 tanks with her everywhere she goes, however, she will also lose her "leash" on her VERY busy boy since he will no longer be attached to a tub and then tank.
What a great blessing for them.
2 comments:
Oh, I got my own post! =) Okay, I guess it was Ty's very own post. We even left the tubes off of his face on Sunday for church since he had just come out of the bath. His nursery leader seemed a little worried and asked if she needed to watch for anything (so much for checking every hour) and I told her I didn't want her to worry unless he turned blue! =) His face, somehow, looks a lot chubbier without the tubes on it!
That is absolutely wonderful news, Am and Misty (& Ty!). Congrats. And congratulations on number two about to happen. :)
Post a Comment