I just wanted to put up a few pictures of Christmas before too much time passed. We had a very nice relaxing day. We got to sleep in until about 8:30. And then we tortured our children, by making them stay in the back bedroom for 10 more minutes while we finished getting everything ready. Bwahahaha! We are such mean parents. Then we lined them up in the hallway...

Heading down the hall to see their treasure. Oh the anticipation!!!

J clearly spies his spoils first
(and they really are spoils. :) He got a fully decked out pirate ship)

J and D checking out the pirate ship. D was cracking me up because he wouldn't leave the ship alone all day long.

dd-A and her stocking stuffer flash light.
Apparently Santa did. :)

And D at his table play station. We broke him away from the pirate ship long enough to snap a few shots at his own present. :)
While Christmas and the presents with the children were great, we really enjoyed the time spent with friends the night before where we focused on the true meaning of Christmas. We shared dinner and dessert with some friends here. Following dinner, we had a sweet little nativity play (I, of course, forgot my camera, so I need to snag pics from you Annaliese). Our children were fabulous little actors, S as Mary, J as Joseph, and dd-A as a shepherd (complete with baa-ing stuffed sheep-which she baa-ed at appropriate times). Their sweet friend, whose house we were at, kindly gave up the role as Mary for the angel, and we are grateful for that. S was in tears multiple times that day, prior to dinner, fearing that she wouldn't get to be Mary. :)
We are truly grateful for the greatest of all gifts, the gift of the Savior, and his sacrifice for us. We are grateful for our many friends and family. And hope you all had a fabulous holiday season.

4 comments:
Loved the pictures of the kiddos in the hall- I LOVED the anticipation of presents as a kid...Christmas morning really is WAY more fun when there are kids around...
I love the pictures. It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Are you going to take pictures of yourself in your 365 goal?? hee-hee. If I can put pictures of myself sans makeukp and shower on Christmas morning up on my blog--I want to see you on yours! ;) I wish I took pictures as well as your do. . . Maybe I'll try your 365 goal--that was for brushing my teeth before noon everyday this year, right?
Maybe I'll do a 52 challenge. We are counting down the days. =D
hey Dawn--my gals at ScrapArtist are doing the 52 thing. :)
http://scrapartist.com/scrapforums/showthread.php?t=13024
Post a Comment